Here, with the distinction of being the last baby that I photographed in 2012, is sweet baby W.
I was so excited to get to photograph this little guy: I had met his dad a few years back because I found some awesome tattoos he did and met up with him to photograph and interview him.
Getting to photograph his growing family was a lot of fun for me! Not only are they beautiful, they're sweet and awesome, too.
I love this shot of him, sleepy and content.
I think this one is my favorite from the session! I love this pose and his serious expression.
If you read this blog, you know I love the parent shots best. And a dad wearing an octopus with a fork tattoo.
Do you believe she looks this gorgeous two weeks after having a baby!? Unfair! :P
Thanks, H Family. I hope you guys enjoyed these images as much as I enjoyed taking them!
You can find more images from this session and others like it at www.facebook.com/jamiesieverphotography
When I got Freddy's mama's email saying he was already 8 weeks old, I wasn't sure this session was going to work, as I generally photograph babies in the first 10 days of life. But, I don't like to tell people no, and I could tell from her email that I really liked her anyway, so I tried to ask some questions to make it work. I found out that this sweet boy had been born 7-8 weeks early, and I would meet him just around his original due date. So, I agreed and tried to figure out how I'd do it if the wheels came off.
Well, they did in that my car with my studio lighting stand and my backdrop stand was in the shop. But, you know, Freddy's mama had a spare backdrop stand... Of course she did! And, I had a spare studio light stand. And, she had sweet, magic Freddy, so nothing could go wrong.
From the minute I walked into the house, that boy stole my heart! He is just the sweetest little thing! He was wearing a little fox outfit, and, as you know if you read this blog or follow me on facebook, I photograph my babies sans clothing. But, this outfit was so perfect that I couldn't not get a few shots in. And, 8 week old Freddy slept more soundly than any newborn I've ever photographed. Even with my equipment issues, I was done in 2.5 hours, which is the new landspeed record for me for newborn photography. Other babies, think you can keep up? :P
And, because, as I maintain, I have the coolest clients on the planet, I did get to chat with his parents a bit and hear about their travels. I could kick myself for not having photos of their cat, the Elf Sphinx, the coolest cat I've ever seen. But I think you'll find these ones of Freddy are darling enough that you'll forgive me.
Love this family, love this darling baby! So glad you guys found me!
To see more of this and other sessions, please go to www.facebook.com/jamiesieverphotography
I was so thrilled to get the email asking me to photograph this family's newest addition! I don't know if I was more thrilled that two years after I'd photographed their first baby, they were excited to come back to me or more thrilled that their smart planning mama contacted me when she was like, three months pregnant! Either way, I was so happy to get to meet this little man; what a little sweetie.
And, so. If you read the post below this, you know that I love the parent shots. This might be my favorite from the whole session!
Love this pretty yellow blanket, love this sweet little face!
When people book a newborn session and tell me that they don't want to be in the pictures, it makes me want to weep. And not just because I didn't have a newborn session when my son was born, and thus, have no professional pictures of him or us with him as a newborn, but partly because of that.
Here are some of my other reasons:
1. Remember that radiant glow that strangers would stop you and comment on when you were pregnant? (Yes, the lady talking to herself on the subway counts.) Well, now that you are holding your baby in your arms, can you imagine how much more radiant you are with love in your eyes and flowing out of every pore in your body? You look amazing. You do. Seriously. Because nothing is more beautiful than the way a new parent looks at their baby. It's one of those things that's so gorgeous, strangers will comment on your photos and say you look glowing and amazing and you will probably bring a tear to more than a few eyes.
2. You finally understand now what unconditional love really is. I mean, you love your partner, and your dog, and your parents. But when you are holding your teeny little baby in your arms, and looking at those sweet little lips and marveling that someone's fingers could actually BE that small and kissing every part of them while your heart feels so full it might just burst, you want to freeze that moment in time.
3. Someday your baby will be five. And, she'll be going off to kindergarten and wearing a backpack and might not even turn around and look at you. Or might cling to you weeping, imploring you not to leave her. Either way, you will be feeling incredibly nostalgic for those moments when you held her and smelled her baby smell and closed your eyes and there was no one else in the world.
4. Kids love to look at pictures of their parents when they were young. Kids also love to look at pictures of themselves. And, no matter how many times you tell your kid that you love them to the moon, up around the planets, and back around the earth again, they still like to see it in action.
5. Yes, you aren't at your pre-baby weight. Or maybe Dad hasn't had the time to get a haircut. You know what? I promise you, like I said above. You are gorgeous. Truly. To your baby, you are everything in the world, and you are perfect for them. So, please. Get in the damn pictures. :)
Check out these and many other beautiful parents who did get in the pictures here https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150141263400421.335989.265667440420&type=3
When I arrived to photograph sweet and pretty Miss Z, her father calmly said "Place" to her big brother Baxter, and he went and laid down on his pillow. He only had to be reminded a few times during our fairly lengthy session to remain on his pillow. Baxter is a dog, you silly people. What kid knows the command "place"? But Baxter sure did. He put my dogs to shame and now I want to send them to live with baby Z's family to get them into shape!
But, Miss Z was pretty amazing in her own right! Sweet little peanut of a girl, she fell asleep and let me work my magic in every pose. (Moving her was another story, but that's okay!)
This one is my favorite from her session. I knew when I clicked the shutter that I would fall in love with it. And, it's a good thing this one was good - because I got exactly ONE of this shot!
Baby lips. <3 What could be sweeter?
Love her hair. Such a little sweetheart!
But if you know me at all, even if only from reading this blog, you will know that my favorite photographs from a newborn session are 9 times out of 10 going to be the parent shots.
Especially if the parent is gorgeous, sweet and has a great tattoo! :) See Exhibit A below. Right?
And, how sweet is this? I love the love that you can feel when a mama looks at her baby
Thank you, G Family, for trusting me to take these special photographs and capture this moment in time for you.
You can see more from her session and other photos here at https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10151219711565421.508991.265667440420&type=3